I am seven weeks away from my first figure competition. I wish I could post with enthusiasm and positivity. Lately my posts have been more on the depressing side. I have been struggling with life, work, and fitness goals. I am overwhelmed with life and my fitness journey has been a struggle.
I just finished the fifth week of prep. My weight finally started to drop (4 pounds in 4 weeks). Then I jumped on the scale today and my weight was 5 pounds up. Holy Hell.... I about fell on the floor, threw a tantrum, and cried. Instead I took my dog out and finished 30 minutes of low intensity cardio. Then I came home to an email from my trainer...and yes 30 minutes of morning cardio is now prescribed daily. Oh yes, I said daily. I will now be waking up every day at 3:45. Can we all say holy sh*t.
I am frustrated, tired, stressed, and worn out. I feel like my body has a vengenance. I feel like my body refuses to lose weight and that it is impossible to be prepared for a figure competition.
Luckily, today I was meeting with my trainer. We did a whole body work out and then decided that a new meal plan and workout plan starts asap. From our conversation it seems, that carbohydrates will be eliminated and cardio will increase drastically.
I need to get focused. I need to get myself centered and maintain my focus on the goal. For 7 more weeks, I need to give it my all. Every work out, every meal, and every moment needs to be 110%. I need to quit focusing on how far I have to go and focus on each day. I can do this (maybe if I say this enough I will believe it).
I'm sorry =( I know the depressed and frustrated feelings, trust me. It's all normal and to be honest, it will probably get worse with you dropping the carbs. BUT, you are doing great, like you said, just focus and try to stay positive. You know, my weight has not budged in over 5 weeks. However, I have gained significant muscle and lost inches all over. Remember, the muscle factor and that you may be dropping inches too. Hang in there!!
ReplyDelete