Some minor changes included:
1) Decrease protein in some meals from 4 oz to 3.5 oz.
2) Taking additional supplements (Lean out, 7-keto, and energy reserve)
3) Decrease my last meal of the night from 1 ½ scoops of protein powder to one scoop of protein powder.
Some major changes(atleast major for me):
1) oatmeal in the morning went from ½ cup to ¼ cup. Yes, she cut that right in half. But I have come up with a way to make my oatmeal seem more voluminous.
I cover the oatmeal with water in the fridge overnight. Then when I am ready to eat it I add water and microwave for enough time that they are expanding when heating. Usually after 2 minutes in the microwave, they are good to go. Just make sure to put them in a bigger container so they dont overflow.
2) Tuna during meal #2 was switched to tilapia. Lately, I had been eating my tuna wrapped in romaine lettuce like a little burrito. It was so heavenly.
3) Egg whites decreased.
4) Lastly, I have to start waking up to do cardio in the morning. I like working out in the morning, but waking up at 3:45 may be tough.
The first few days of the changes have been going well. I have been consuming crystal light and flavored water a little too much, but when I am home I have a tendency to want to overeat.
This week I am also lifting heavier with cardio afterword for 30-40 minutes. Monday, my trainer and I hit back really heavy with abs. Yesterday, I did hamstrings with plyos (jump squats, jumprope) in between followed by 30 minutes on the stepmill.
If you haven't heard, Chicago has been hit with a blizzard. This is the first time in 12 years Chicago Public Schools has closed. They have closed the highway and Lake Shore Drive (which I take to work). They have more than 1000 abandoned cars to tow on LSD because of conditions last night.
However, this morning Nala and I were still surprised when we couldn’t walk more than 2 feet out the door.
Being stuck in my house may make me crazy. I am a really busy person and struggle with relaxing and “doing nothing.” I rarely ever just sit and watch a movie; therefore, being stuck in my house is going to make me antsy. I do have a gym in my condo building, but I am sure it will be busy today. I am just hoping my gym is still open. I guess I should take this time to order my shoes and suit for the competition and work on some posts for the blog:)
Morning cardio isnt so bad once you get used to it!
ReplyDeleteCant waitt o see your suit!
3:45 is quite early! I'm an early bird but I think that's even too early for me! I don't like to wake up earlier than 5am :-p
ReplyDeleteEven Houston is getting snow on Friday. What is this world coming to?! The entire nation will be covered in WHITE FLUFFY SNOW! (or ice, sleet, hail, etc...)