1) I need to be more thankful. I have been blessed with my health and the ability to exercise regularly. I too often spend time obsessing about the amount of fat on my hips, the cellulite on my booty, or my large calves. I need to quit complaining and just enjoy life and be thankful. Life is too short and I need to enjoy this ride to my first figure competition. I cant stop living my life for one day. I need to enjoy each moment and count my blessings.
2) I have great friends that I don't thank enough. After talking to one of my friends this evening I realized how blessed I am to have friends that accept me just the way I am.
Today, was a normal day of work, gym, and food prep. I had already ran out of tilapia, broccoli, and green beans for the week. So I cooked 2 bags of tilapia and realized that this will only last me 4 days (I need to marry a fishermen). Then I steamed broccoli and baked a bag of green beans. I then weighed out all my food for tomorrow, while I cooked dinner and drank a protein shake. I might go broke with my weekly grocery bill. This is getting expensive.
I have been feeling like I am not making progress. I know that its only 11/2 weeks in, but I am just doubting the process. I doubt that my body will be able to transform. I know that I can eat clean and hit the gym, but I just don't think my body will change. I am trying to stay positive and just keep taking it one day, one meal, one workout at a time. This competition has given me something to look forward to, it has motivated me, and it has actually made me happier.
My workout today consisted of tri/bis/calves. Then I finished up with 25 minutes of high intensity cardio on the stepmill (it was a killer). My cardio today was supposed to be at about 70-85% of my max heart rate. I realized that this is much more difficult than I thought. At one point I didnt think I was going to be able to keep my legs moving up the stairs. However, I do love the stepmill.
I finished the night with some protein pudding.
This protein powder is absolutely delicious. Just mix it with some water until you get a pudding consistence and enjoy:) A scoop and a half was just added to my meal plan at night and I couldnt be more excited about this addition:)
If you are reading this, please feel free to leave a comment. Since I just started the blog- I am wondering if anyone is reading it!
I
Meeeee! I am. :) Trust the process! I'm only a week and a half in to and admit to having the same feelings, but it DOES come along, you'll get there, just keep moving along!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog! I'll follow along :)
ReplyDelete