Monday, January 24, 2011

So this weekend, I had numerous posts ready to go. However, I was not feeling like sharing or blogging. This past weekend being single was really bothering me on top of feeling like I am not making any progress with my training. I am not trying to throw a pity party, but sometimes its hard when all my friends are hanging out with their significant others. I haven’t been single for too long, but the relationship with my ex did not end well and it has been an adjustment.

Since the ending of my last relationship, I have really been trying to evaluate my life and make steps to making it better, more fulfilling, and FUN. That being said one of my goals for the month was to do something new. So yesterday, I went to my first session of salsa class. It was a lot of fun and I am really excited to go dancing once I have a little more experience. Maybe I can go and pick up a hot latino;)

This weekend I also went and saw “no strings attached” with Natalia Portman and Ashton Kutcher. I liked the movie, but I have a tendency to like romance/comedies more than anything else.




I also spent time prepping all my food for this week. My prep included the following:
1) Cut and clean romaine lettuce (5 heads of romaine)
2) Cut and clean massive amounts of broccoli
3) Bake broccoli in the oven
4) Bake tilapia for the week
5) Bake sweet potatoes for the week (one large potato usually is enough)

I eat three meals at work so I have to bring the food with me every day. I swear people at work must think I am crazy (they have no idea I am prepping for a competition).

My weekend workouts were:
Friday 50 minutes low intensity cardio
Saturday: Chest/Plyos/and some arms, HIIT, and moderate intensity cardio
Sunday: Day of Rest

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. All of my coworkers think I'm nuts. :) Its just part of the package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be:) I think my boss walks by every time I am sitting with numerous tupperware containers surrounding me... there I am eating again..

    ReplyDelete