Sunday, January 16, 2011

1 week Down

This week was a up and down throughout the week. At some moments my energy was so low that I was amazed that people do this. Other moments I was very excited and motivated. A couple things I learned this week:

1) I really like carbs:)
2) I need to continue to use blogging and twitter to find a network of support.
3) I love oatmeal and going to bed is even more exciting, because I know I will eat oatmeal when I wake up.
4) I need to continue to have a social life (even though I will not be able to eat or drink with everyone).
5) I love crystal light.
6) Romaine lettuce is not that exciting
7) 100 grams of sweet potato is not enough
8) I love chocolate protein shakes (beverly nutrition YUM).
9) I have no idea what the next 11 weeks will look like.

All in all, the week hasnt been terrible. I spent way too much time by myself and I need to make sure that I dont let this competition wipe away my social life. This week was lonely and after talking to my trainer she reminded me to continue on with my life.

This weeks training included:
Monday: workout with trainer/quads/shoulders/cardio
Tuesday: arms and cardio
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Chest/Cardio
Friday: Hamstring/Back
Saturday: Bicep/Tricep/Abs (am) Cardio (pm)
Sunday: Rest Day

The rest of today is going to be interesting. It is supposed to be my rest day and that means no oatmeal or sweet potato today:)

Everyone have a great Sunday! I would love to hear suggestions or comments on how everyone manages to balance a social life and competition? What are some ideas for dates (yes, I am single) that dont involve food or drinks?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, you're doing great! I am in prep for my second bikini comp. I learned from the first one that I DON'T want to be social this time around. I've explained it to my friends and they try to understand. I don't want to be somewhere where I have to say no to everything, for me, it's just not fun. I'd rather be a homebody and make sure I stay on track. It's hard, but that's also why I love prep right now because the weather stinks and there really isn't much to do. As for dates, how about bowling, movies, indoor mini golf? Something like that? Even tubing or sledding (not sure where you live). Just a few thoughts.

    anyway, good luck to you! There is a TON of support out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your advice! I appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I just found your blog and cant WAIT to follow along!!!

    Dating, prep and all that.. wow. You're talking to the master ahahaha I actually started prep a week and a half ago and had a date last friday, he wanted to meet up after my hot yoga class, I told him to come WITH me... that way you're doing something, but not in the "drinking" situation, and afterwards grabbing a coffee/tea is easier than a drink.

    Also a huge fan of things like comedy clubs, ice skating, snowboarding... try and pick activities where you can get out and be social, but you're not in a bar or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete