Beware: This was written very quickly. If grammar or sentences that don't always makes sense bothers you--then you may want to pass on reading it.
So, I am trying to come up with a blogging game plan. I either need to be all in or not at all. It seems that my professional life, prep, sleep, and dog suck the life out of me.
I also am trying to decide if I am going to submit for Bikini or Bust. This is a big decision, because I desperately need the support and connection with others that are doing competitions. Also, this group of ladies rock my world. I read their blogs regularly and they are strong, powerful, intelligent woman that I look up to.
However, with my job there are a lot of issues with privacy. I would hate for a student to find my blog and the whole school to see pictures of me in a bathing suit. I also would hate for me to be applying for a principal position and after some "googling" they find me in a sparkly suit and hooker heels.
Although, I respect the competition process and support my decisions, I know that the world does not see it the same way. I am considering what to do. Because I feel really alone as I prepare for the competition.
Also, today I had my first posing practice. I am going to walk you through this emotional process
1) I step in a room of mirrors..... whoa cellulite and ass
2) I Put the heels on ....whoa baby whoa
3) The trainer says take your tank top off.
4) I think, uh you are hot and I am not.
5) She walks me through posing...... and I realize it is difficult. (who knew?)
6) She says "suck in" "practice every night" and THEN
She says you have to hit 1** by the end of this week.( I am keeping the weight off of the blog- because we are all different and we are all at a different place).
Did she realize that this is Saturday. I then proceeded to ask her how I am hitting that weight and she responds with "extra cardio." I am already at 90 minutes of cardio. How the hell am I increasing cardio? Oh, but we all know I did exactly what she said. I did increase it and now I am dying. TIRED and NEED CAFFEINE.
I have 8 more weeks of prep and I am going to kill it. I am going to rock a glittery suit and heels and LOVE IT. I am going to do this. It might mean extra caffeine, some weird dates, exhaustion, and grumpiness. However, I know that nothing is easy. If I want a certain body and certain fitness level, I know that I have to sacrifice and work hard... :)
Some blog ladies that I read regularly:http://boobsbarbellsandbroccoli.blogspot.com/ (Tenecia is a smoking hot mom)
http://ihearteggs.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/rest-day-whats-that/
http://www.kellehampton.com/ (Not competition related, but she is an amazing photographer and her insight is powerful)
http://faithkeith.wordpress.com/
http://wholesomefitness.wordpress.com/
As for the privacy, I understand. If I were you, I would cut your face off your pics (and take it off your profile pic), then remove all names in your blog (or change them). Then no one can find you!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap that's a lot of cardio. I DO NOT envy you at all!
ReplyDeleteYou know us BOB girls would love to have you. The support is absolutely amazing and I didn't realize what it would be like when I signed up. I don't know any of these girls personally, but I feel like they are sisters and love them to death!
Thank you both for the comments and support:)
ReplyDelete